Our Wedding Day (sounds cliche, but it was magical...)

Ok, time to join all the other bloggers out there and talk about the Simmons' wedding day. More or less I want to say what a wonderful husband I have, and as it nears about a year since our first date (in two days) I'd like to tell our little love story here in the blog world. 

Bradlee asked me to marry him on a Saturday night at the end of June last year, we had been dating since May, and couldn't wait to spend the rest of our lives together! He asked me to be his "last first kiss" while he was on one knee on our beach up at Pine View, and I said yes. We decided on October 18, 2012 to be our wedding day, I never really thought about which season I wanted to be married in when I was young, but Autumn was just perfect. 
We called up the Salt Lake Temple and decided that a 9 am sealing would be just dandy, (we didn't think it through, I probably would have liked it to be at least 10 am, but we were just too excited!) I could not sleep at all the night before, waiting in anxious anticipation... Apparently Bradlee slept like a baby. The ceremony was beautiful, our sealer was such a cute old man. And afterwards we took many a picture on the temple grounds...










Might I add that I redid my hair about 4 times that morning... I eventually just through it back in a side bun and it came out quite nicely. Happy day. 
We continued the day by going to a magnificent luncheon put together by Bradlee's parents, where all our family and friends gave us marital advice. All their comments and beautiful testimonies were so special to us, we are truly blessed with wonderful people in our lives. We finished up at the luncheon, got an afternoon breather, and headed off to our reception. This was the most rewarding for me. Though a lot of the credit goes to The Castle in Layton for the beautiful venue, I like to think all my hard work finally paid off. I made all of the groomsmen's boutonnieres, the centerpieces, my aunt made our SUPER cute cake, had to go to a couple thrift stores for frames, made the bridesmaid's hair pieces (with the help of little sis) plus we found the bridesmaid dresses on sale (booyah), and we created our own sign in book on Shutterfly. It was a TON of work, but we pulled it off and saved a lot of money doing so! Plus it put a unique twist on our wedding, and I just couldn't live with myself if we didn't do things our own original way.  :)












There was dancing, cutting of cake, and eating of cake, and a TON of greetings given. We didn't get the chance to taste of our own delicious chocolate fountain and many a fruits given at our reception unfortunately... too many people loved us... they should warn you about that before you get married....
It was a blissful day that ended in a magnificent night, everything went as planned! (besides the hair disaster) I wish I could go back and marry Bradlee again. I held on the the memory of our wedding day for the longest I could!!! And it stayed fresh in my mind for a LONG time... unfortunately memories fade in our poor impotent human mind. that's why we scrapbook. :)
I love everyday that I wake up next to my best friend and soul mate every morning
(especially his morning chinese man smiles)
I love that we are forever a family, eternally bonded to one another in this new and everlasting covenant that our Father in Heaven has provided for us.
(... and I'm SO excited to bring darling babies into this covenant)
I love that no matter what he will be there for me
(even when I'm a tear-stained messy baby girl when I'm sick)
I love that we say I love you a million times a day
(... seems excessive, but you wouldn't believe how awkward it is if we don't say I love you enough... we can sense when were low on our I lu you's... It's our superpower)
Ultimately, I love my life with him.
I know that people say that we'll get out of this "honeymoon stage" and that the newlywed glow fades... We don't believe in that, no matter how many taunt and tease us for kissing "too much" and that we say I love you "too much", we will always want for more! Because love it ultimately a choice. While other couples choose to lose their flame, we choose to keep it alive. :)
mrs.gillian.simmons



1 comment:

  1. Seriously looks like a gorgeous/perfect day! Weddings are the best!

    ReplyDelete